Build the individual, and the rest will follow. As a first principle, all employees are considered equal. Perhaps we all have different responsibilities, but seniority and designation alone do not confer a position of authority. That is earned by coding, selling, designing, listening, speaking, traveling and pulling extra hours alongside your team.
Skuchain maintains a relatively flat hierarchy in which employees are encouraged to become high performers by bringing their whole selves to work. Great at coding but also itching to share design ideas? Go for it, even if “UI/UX” is not in your title. Consider yourself a security engineer but want to work on the blockchain layer? Let’s make a plan for that. A veteran of the supply chain and finance spaces with a clear idea of how things are but want to shape what will come? Just talk out loud, and we’ll latch onto promising ideas.
To encourage our colleagues to contribute their many talents and give them ownership of the Skuchain story, we have oriented our culture around training employees to “scale themselves”. We want all employees to know the current state of the business, including major initiatives and projects, use the product themselves and educate others on the latest technology and product features.
With a team of amazing people, we have built a company that can execute and maintain our production deployments while continuing the pace of development and discovery internally and in the greater business and governance ecosystems. Innovation is at the core of our DNA. Our customers look to us for thought leadership, but whatever success we’ve had is the result of listening to their real-world concerns. Empowerment is what we hope to give to them–and ourselves.
We are seeking several talented Full-Stack React Developers to help in the design and development of our platform. As part of our engineering team, you will be given autonomy to lead critical features for our core products.
What are the best design patterns and technologies to help us keep pace with leading the market? How do we craft our code to ensure a high-quality experience for customers, one which scales to handle the concurrency of big brands? These and more are some of the problems you will help us tackle.
• 5+ years of experience in architecting and developing scalable, responsive front-end/UI frameworks
• Experience with common front end development tools such as Babel, Webpack/Parcel
• Experience writing and utilizing RESTful API services and performance tuning large scale web applications
• Experience with relational and non-relational data stores, such as GraphQL, MongoDB and PostgreSQL
• Familiarity with Flow and Apollo/Relay
• Familiarity with functional testing tools such as Cypress, Nightwatch
• Familiarity with automation tools like Docker
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Experience with deploying application in cloud environment – AWS
• Strong experience with test driven development
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in computer science, computer engineering or related fields
• Problem solver
• Strong communicator
• Commitment to work and deliver under pressure
• Team player
• Organized and flexible